I found this recipe on Brown Eyed Baker (love her stuff), and altered it to fit our tastes.
Potato Salad with Bacon
adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
8 medium red potatoes, washed well and cubed (leave the skin on, unless you prefer not to)
5 thick cut slices of bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cup mayonnaise
1.5 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
5 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 small yellow onion, chopped
½ green pepper, chopped
Dill for seasoning and garnish, use fresh or dried
- In a large pot or dutch oven, boil the potatoes until tender. Drain and set aside.
- As the potatoes are boiling, fry the bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and put on a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Reserve about 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings in the skillet.
- Add the mayo, mustard, sugar and salt to the reserved bacon drippings and whisk in the skillet to combine.
- In a large dish, combine the potatoes, eggs, onion and green pepper. Pour the mayo mixture over the ingredients and gently stir to coat. Toss in the bacon (I crumbled most of it into smaller pieces).
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before eating.